What's up?
I had a really rad Saturday! It was the kind of day that perhaps a 15 y.o. boy would also enjoy. Had coffee with ATM + Collin (ask him about his John Mellencamp stories!) @ Boulevard. THEN, I had lunch with Keiko @ Pho Thahn Mi. We really didn't have a plan for the day, but ended up going to the brand new Apple store in WLR. It wasn't as ridiculous as I imagined and we ran into Everett, who happens to be the manager. I was so close to buying an iPhone, but, the system was down (?!) and my sale couldn't go through. I'm glad because, hey, I've got a birthday coming up. Too, I've managed this long w/o that hifalutin' contraption, but will admit that the allure of carrying only one thing instead of a separate phone, camera, and mp3 player sounds...neater. After that, we went to Game Stop to get accessories for this shoot-em-up zombie game I obtained for the Wii. THEN, we got fro yo. THEN, we played the kill all zombies game for a couple of hours. THEN, I went home and was completely spent!
Later that evening, things went southward. While ATM and I were busy slaying Z's, I got a text from Judge asking if I could house sit while he tended to a family emergency (nothing to do with Hank & Collins, mind). I'm already set to house sit for eight days in September, so what's an extra few days? Here I am, a temporary Heights resident once again. My duties are to care for Lucy (canine) + Omar Little (feline) and to water all the plants and lawn. Tuesday is trash day.
It's actually not a bad gig, except that I'm far from home and I get a touch lonesome. In order to not burn through my tank of gas so quickly, it's just best if I just stay put on this side of the river before/after work. It's times like this that I wish we had better public transportation, though. At least it's extra $$$ for vacation and other fun things. I'll definitely be getting a lot of reading done as I am too intimidated by His Honor's huge television.
It's actually not a bad gig, except that I'm far from home and I get a touch lonesome. In order to not burn through my tank of gas so quickly, it's just best if I just stay put on this side of the river before/after work. It's times like this that I wish we had better public transportation, though. At least it's extra $$$ for vacation and other fun things. I'll definitely be getting a lot of reading done as I am too intimidated by His Honor's huge television.
A reminder that TOFU HAPPENING is this weekend. I still don't know what I'm going to make! You are invited. 4 Sept 2011 @ 3:00 p.m., 111 Johnson St. Bring your best vegetarian/vegan dish.
Same couch w new covers. A fresh look!


No comments:
Post a Comment